Wed, 09 Mar|
Offshore wind and wave energy
Online course by Energy & Climate Academy. The course aims at introducing the economic and technical advantages in combining offshore wind and wave energy in the same structure and/or location. The course will present the market status of hybrid technologies and touch upon certification.
Time & Location
09 Mar 2022, 10:00 CET – 08 Apr 2022, 18:00 CEST
About the event
This self-paced course consists of two live webinars + 6 video-recorded lessons with case studies. Access to all lessons for 4 weeks.
- On-line start webinar
- Understanding the resource
- Technologies combining wind and wave production
- Combined Offshore Wind energy farms & Wave energy arrays
- The role of multi-use platforms
- Technology Insight: Floating Power Plant
- Technology Insight: Wave Dragon
- Wrap-up webinar with Q & A (8th of April)
One of the lectures is given by Peter Scheijgrond, director Bluespring and chairman of the board, Dutch Energy from Water Association.
Independent specialist in the field of marine energy technologies supporting organizations with ideation, evaluations, strategic studies, partnering, funding, design, engineering, testing, and commissioning. Clients range from European Commission, National and regional governments, to SMEs, large offshore industries, utilities, and research centres.